5.5.09
After a Theory Talk
Figure I might as well include some theory/essay updates on here...it's all becoming one.....
So I had a discussion with Bridie about my essay proposal and she suggested that it would be important for me to consider that... Virtuality is not new, it is a human condition, and as such it shifts as we (humans) do. Virtuality is not about technology, and is not determined by technology. Virtuality exists with or without technology. Therefore it may be important for me to evaluate what aspects of virtuality I am wanting to explore and whether or not I need to specify a kind of technological virtuality when discussing online interactions and such like.
We discussed V.R...I feel it is important to nail down what makes V.R effective. What entices humans to want to participate and become immersed in Virtual Reality? When does V.R become ineffective? The nature of technology and the imminent obsolescence of it all means that this continual shift and evolution of technology is inextricably linked to our perception of virtuality.
We also talked about needing to pull some of these ideas into focus. To find the area of the essay that will really be important and expansive.
So I had a discussion with Bridie about my essay proposal and she suggested that it would be important for me to consider that... Virtuality is not new, it is a human condition, and as such it shifts as we (humans) do. Virtuality is not about technology, and is not determined by technology. Virtuality exists with or without technology. Therefore it may be important for me to evaluate what aspects of virtuality I am wanting to explore and whether or not I need to specify a kind of technological virtuality when discussing online interactions and such like.
We discussed V.R...I feel it is important to nail down what makes V.R effective. What entices humans to want to participate and become immersed in Virtual Reality? When does V.R become ineffective? The nature of technology and the imminent obsolescence of it all means that this continual shift and evolution of technology is inextricably linked to our perception of virtuality.
We also talked about needing to pull some of these ideas into focus. To find the area of the essay that will really be important and expansive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment