11.11.09
Building my room...drama! and INSTALLING?
During the weekend Kate and I built our installation rooms with the help of Chris and Brooke. All were assembled really well and I'm pleased with how the space has worked out. We have been repeatedly acused of 'stealing all the dividers' and 'making sure no one else could have any!' ....it has been mental. :( I feel like we've organised and double checked over and over about the amount of dividers and it was all approved. The spaces we were assigned for SITE seemed (to me at least...) conditional on having dividers to build walls out of. It's a shame that people have suddenly become angry and started gossiping....I don't think its our fault at all.
Anyways,
I've been painting the walls....black and touching up the cracks. They're not perfect fits, but thats just the nature of it all! I'm hoping to make the walls feel like they're disappearing...So now I'm putting up shelves... and projector mount thanks to Max! and thinking about how everything fits. We've managed to get one monitor up on the wall (bolted through) and it looks great! (again thanks to Max for the wooden mounting blocks!) All the rest are measured up and ready to go as soon as i can nab the monitors. So that should be a relatively easy job from now :)
I've had a bit of a dilemma thinking about the height of the monitors. I've decided to have them lower than normal hanging height. I'm not sure if I can explain why, other than it just didn't FEEL right at the higher level. It felt wrong...so I changed them down and now I think they're in the right place for the room and the rest of the work and the feeling I was hoping for. I'm happy.
Also the projection looks pretty awesome. It's bigger than I thought (because of the lack of zoom and the size of the room) but I actually quite like it. The room is pretty black...and I don't want all my work to feel too dinky inside. So yeah, big projection! I think it actually balances out the room quite well. The thing is that now the size of the projection is a bit too big for a piece of custom wood as a screen...I'll just have to tidy up the seam in the wall as best possible and paint it grey. Think this is really the best solution. I'm sure it will look fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment