30.3.09
Ok Second Life update...
So I have lost hardshells zanzibar. My avatar is gone. She is in SecondLife and now completely detached from me because I have lost her password. Fair enough. You're supposed to remember that stuff. But I didn't really consider how important she may become one day. Never mind, it's actually kind of nice that she was and still is although not driven by me anymore. It makes me think about how many many avatars there must be sifting around Second Life that are no longer attached. Those forgotten, left behind or lost. Amazing. We plug in and log off and something remains. I guess she is like my Virtual Debris. I love that combo of words. What other Virtual Debris have I created? Lost email accounts, blogs, mailing lists, where else do I exist? Can these pieces of my existence transcend mortality? OR does the imminent breakdown of all data eventually mean the end of miss zanzibar and her ilk?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment