12.5.09

Update

Essay writing, going well.
I have written about 3ooo words toward my essay- I may end up omitting a lot or some of it but its nice to see some words written down and feeling like I'm making progress resolving my ideas :) Will send drafts this week so i can get some feedback.
Decided to really delve into a few new areas
-AES+F
-Pipilotti Rist
After attending the seminar presented by Erika Wolf the other lunchtime i was completely captivated by AES+F's work 'Last Riot'
This work uses such a delicious aesthetic, well worth further exploration. I have done some initial writing after watching the work (single channel version of it) so ill post that next.
Pipilotti Rist seems also like a really important artist for me to explore. Her video works have such a lo-res, beautiful colourful nature about them that I would love to incorporate into my work. Even after looking at still images of her videos and installations i feel completely inspired to make something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment